Thursday, January 31, 2013

My girls...

I have been enjoying some really fun videos in blogland lately and they inspired me to share one of my own.  I love my girls, they each have their own personality and I enjoy sitting and watching them. I spend a a few minutes most everyday after chores are done just hanging out with them in their play  yard. 

They greet me loudly every time I walk towards their area. I think my warm greeting is because they know I always have the "goods"... Greens and lately oranges but I couldn't figure out how to video my greeting, get them out of the coup to the yard and their snacks to them with my phone in hand.  The music man is installing a door for them so they can go in and out by themselves, once done I'll be able to capture both.  
Here's my first video attempt of my girls during a late morning snack.  

Jack is still a bit off on his right front and he was much worse yesterday so we'll be visiting the vet this afternoon to see what he did. The dogs love to run up and down the vineyard but with the gopher holes it's a bit of a obstacle course.

Tomorrow is my test for work and I'm planning on turning my drive down to San Diego into another photo adventure. Remember last time time I landed here and got some amazing shots. I am excited to get the test done and then enjoy a sunset with the music man at maybe the marina... or gas lamp.... or maybe back at another beach. There is so much to do down there and it's all new to me so I'm excited to see where my camera and I will land.

Thanks Tammy for the chicken inspiration and the idea of hitting the darn record button!

Have a great day!

Jen

6 comments:

  1. Awww, your girls are so cute! They are loving those treats! I never thought to give mine oranges before, but now I'll have to try it out. Of course they're not freshly picked, but I think they will do :) Glad I could have inspired you to take a video of them! It's always fun to look back on the videos in the future as well.

    I hope Jack recovers quickly! And best of luck with your test. Can't wait to see your photo adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy,
      I didn't know either but often try different things that I can get from the property. They love apples too! I core them though due to the seeds have low amount of arsenic. Just got back from the Vet and Jack will be okay, just need a couple weeks on anti inflammatories.

      Have a great day!
      Jen

      Delete
  2. Cute chickies Jen :) We had rhode island reds when we lived in Oregon and they were
    cranky chickens. We are loving Germany but are looking forward to our property , a garden ,fruit orchard and animals and I want to try to grow truffles :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sister!
      I wish you guys were closer to us. I have heard RI's are a bit mean. Good layers but tend to beat everyone up. I'm excited for you guys to get back and start busting out all sorts of moves on your property. You have such awesome plans and it all sounds SO exciting!

      xox
      Jen

      Delete
  3. Hi Jen...Love the video of you and the girls!!! Have a great weekend!!!! Cindy <3

    ReplyDelete