Thursday, January 17, 2013

I've been thinking...

Thinking about legacies since we attended my Aunts services last weekend.  She was very involved with her church  and I met many of her friends. Her favorite Psalm was 91:1, I didn't know that.  I heard story after story about how many people she touched and what a huge impact she had on them. I can see how she did and I am so thankful for my time with her.

Thinking about baby chicks and that I need a couple more. They are so cute and we are egg less as my girls are still molting, sigh. I think we're getting close though.

I'm also thinking that both Monkey and Bug,  though they attend different colleges have the same week off for spring break this year...  I'm taking this as a sign to do something fun and am planning another trip. This time to The Arches National Park in Moab, Utah.

Now I'm thinking about what I'll pack in my knitting and camera bag.

I'm thinking that two sheep would be a good number.  I think everyone needs a buddy and two would give us plenty of wool for knitting.

I'm thinking about spinning. This has been on my "list of things" for a while and maybe this is the year I'll make it happen.

I saw this bumper sticker while on on our road trip, seeing how dirty their bumper is I'm thinking they were on a road trip too.
and now I think I'll go and plants more seeds and sing a song now that the weatherman says we have a bit of warmer weather coming our way.

Happy Thursday!

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of great ideas to me. You won't be disappointed if you go to Arches. Breathtaking! We will have to make another trip again some day so we can see even more than we did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kar, this is another spot my photo bucket list and i am really excited that the kids want to go and hang out. I would love to hear about your trip there.

      Delete
  2. yes... my mind travels among my thoughts like this. Sorry about your aunt. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Staci
      I'm glad I'm not the only one :)

      Delete
  3. I usually think like this too. One thought leads to another, which leads to another, and sometimes I try to figure out how I got to thinking about something!

    We're not getting many eggs right now either as some of our chickens are still molting or just coming off the molt. Looking forward to spring!

    So sorry about the loss of your aunt :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes funny how sometimes i start with one thought and end up completely someone else. I am happy to report i had one egg today! One... I am so excited i knew a couple of my girls were close. Lets hope we'll all be back in the swing of things soon. i had to buy eggs.. yikes. first time in a year and they were 10 bucks for clean ones!

      Delete
  4. Crap this is the 2nd time Im writing this ..We want 2 sheep as well for our property ...we want fish in our lake/pond a garden and 2 sheep chickens and my newest idea a truffle farm..I have been looking for an antique spinner here ..just started knitting and think that would rock to have my own yarn and dye it as well.
    Love your pictures you have an awesome gift sis!!! Give my love to shmave ..love ya
    Beck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beck!!! I love that you visit here and your comment is awesome! Oh my gosh you have exciting stuff planned. When do you get to come back? soon? I will give Smave a big hug from you. Tell everyone hi for us. Love ya!

      Delete
  5. all sound like good thoughts .....

    the mind....a wonderful thing - the possibilities...endless

    sounds like it's going to be another great year ahead!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kyle, I am excited about this year, first time in awhile that i have felt this way about a new year. Praying it will be a good for everyone

      Delete
  6. I had a little spell of "legacy thinking" recently. It really was a bit of an awakening thinking of what I would actually leave behind. I think it's a good awareness to have. And amen to the warmer weather. And yes, two sheep so they aren't lonely. :o) --Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin!
      Yes, sheep and awareness, i agree with you on both :) thanks for visiting, i hope you are well. I'm off to bounce over to your space.

      Delete
  7. I like that bumper sticker and really, planting seeds and singing songs is what its all about :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally agree Michelle, loved it when i saw it. I even sang a little Merle in my kitchen today while my starting cucumber seeds.

    ReplyDelete