Sunday, January 27, 2013

This weekend...

As promised by the weather man we had rain all weekend. The Barrel Race Event Monkey and I were going to was cancelled as was my trail ride with Chance.   I did spend time with him but instead of out and about we hung out inside his stall where it was dry. We worked on manners and ate candy canes. Peppermint is his new favorite treat.  

The garden is super happy and the sweet peas are standing straight up. Stretching towards the sky as if they are looking for the sunshine that is trying to peak out between the rain drops this afternoon.

Both Friday night and last night the Music Man had gigs. Friday was Big Truth who played at a local wine tasting room and last night was Hemisphere's A Rush tribute. His band co headlined at a Rock for Cancer Research benefit in Del Mar. It was raining there too and really cold but people came in droves for this great cause.
Hanging out with some of my favorite people before the show... and my buddy L who was there too.
Show time! 
I love music and listen to all kinds, though country is my favorite.  The Music Man is a rocker through and through.  I sometimes wish I could sing or play an instrument but am seriously musically challenged.  It's all good,  I'm his #1 fan and I love that.  It's so fun watching and hearing him do his thing. He is so darn talented!

It was a couple late nights for us, way past my bedtime.  I'm thankful for our rainy gray day as like before,  it offers the perfect excuse for a lazy Sunday afternoon to rest and recharge ourselves for the new week coming.

How was your weekend?

7 comments:

  1. Rain or shine, good times are a shoe in when you guys hang out together. Sounds like you still had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kar
      So true, we did have a great weekend.
      Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. Sounds as if it was a great weekend indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you had a rainy weekend, but looks like you still made the best of it! I love music as well, and my husband used to play gigs with some friends when they were in college. They were all music education majors so it was kind of a given that they'd play music together!

    My weekend was fun! Had some family over on Saturday and Sunday was a nice lazy day and we boiled down some of our syrup! More on that this Weds :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammy
      So it seems we have something else in common, our men and their music, super fun. I just read your post, you guys are so awesome! Cant wait to read about the syrup, yum.

      Delete
  4. Those two are pretty awesome! I love how you are his biggest fan and also isn't so awesome how the rain is helping our gardens already. Mine needs to be weeded terribly. The rain also bring on the weeds like mad. You inspire me to work in my garden. Maybe today after work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh I so love you! You are so sweet and good for me ego lol. If i inspired you to put your hands in the dirt that is awesome. The rain lately has my weeds going crazy too but the chickens love them. Don't your in laws have chickens? Maybe they would like your weeds :)

      Take care buddy
      Jen

      Delete