Monday, June 24, 2013

This last Weekend....

We stayed close to home, thankful for the down time and must needed rest.  I love our town! I am incredibly grateful we moved here a little over two years ago. There's always so much going on, creatively... live music, wineries and local artist's exhibits.

Sunday I was feeling a bit better and was able to bust out all sorts of moves to catch up from being down all week. House chores done, exercised Chancie and gave him a bath with help form the music man and finished up our day weeding the garden.

Photo's above...
1.  Buckwheat plants that run our fence line. These plants are indigenous to our area and are everywhere. I love how the flowers are in contrast to the barb wire.

2.  Green beans, woohooo!!! As of now the score is squirrels - a million... Jen - one! I actually do have some things growing that they haven't destroyed.  Thus far the tomato plants are fine but they are eating the brussel sprouts and strawberries. Unbelievable they are not in the green beans perhaps the odds are changing,  fingers crossed.

3.  A box full of pastels, the necessary tools for the street painting contest on Main Street.

4.  In the zone, I love the focus on her face and chalk everywhere, fantastic expression.

5. We watched the Oz movie the night before so of course it seemed natural to snap this one too. All the artist were amazing. The ages ranged from the very young to the young at heart.   Yep, I love this town.

Happy Monday!
Jen
linked to One World

12 comments:

  1. the buckwheat is cool! LOVE fresh green beans! (monster squirrels!) the artists are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so remember the buckwheat everywhere. I grew up riding my pony in Woodcrest, which is probably all housing developments now, but it was rolling hills of nothing but dirt roads, weeds, tumbleweeds, and miles to explore. Love the photos - street-art - what a terrific idea.

    Love your photos.

    p.s. set a "trap crop" for the critters - radishes for the voles, and set out "food" for the squirrels - place a "want" ad on freecycle in your area for old nuts. Heehee. It could happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheila,
      Yes I love it out here, not sure about Woodcrest though I think it's in Riverside area, right? We have lots of dirt where we are and you know I love that! Now if I can only get a handle on the squirrels :)

      Delete
  3. Looks like you recovered well and had a great weekend. Love the color of the buckwheat flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kar,
      Thanks, seriously can't remember last time I was so sick. Happy to be feeling better too :) Have a great day friend!

      Delete
  4. That chalk art is amazing! Wow! Very impressive. Love that first photo of the buckwheat with the barbed wire. I'm glad you're feeling better and were able to get back in gear this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammy, thanks! I am SO happy I 'm feeling better, cant recall last time I was so darn sick.

      Delete
  5. I find those artists so inspiring! Thanks for sharing these great shots. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dana,
      Me too, so interesting and the ages were really varied. The art in all was really something neat to see. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  6. Looks like a wonderful day out! Glad you're better and able to enjoy it all. I had no idea what buckwheat looked like (we sang about 'buckwheat cake and Injun batter, make you fat, a little fatter' in school many years ago, but never had a clue)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betty,
      Welcome thanks for visiting! School Rhymes are funny aren't they?

      Delete