Thursday, June 27, 2013

A look up down and back...

The other night I had a few minutes and sat down to look for a picture I thought I had posted a while back. I couldn't find it anywhere but did find myself traveling down memory lane where I realized holy cow I have been blogging here for over three years!

Looking back over my postings made me smile, tear up, laugh, see dreams realized and see where we have yet to go. My heart is full and I am incredible thankful for so much.

Shortly after starting a camera project on flickr called 365 and thinking about legacies and technology I started this blog. You can check out my project here. I am not much of a writer but hoped to be able to journal about pieces of our days, projects, dreams and goals.

Reading back I can see and feel the strength in our everyday. The growth and focus on keeping it simple. Confirming that simple things and a simple way is where I find the most Joy. Funny how surviving a serious wreck that involved such a long recovery changed my perspective about everything... or maybe not so funny but being present or having awareness seems to mean so much more.  One thing that helps me stay focused and being present in my everyday is walking around with my camera. There is something magical  about how life looks through the lens.
Perhaps life is a bit like this Ferris Wheel, sometimes your up top, sometimes your down low... either way it's quite a ride!  I found the picture after all and am linking to Sky Watch Friday.

Happy weekending!
Jen

9 comments:

  1. A really striking shot - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big blue sky and a lot of fun. What else, for a great skywatch...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful image. Love the rich summer blue of the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect view for a Summer Skywatch! So true about blogging and reading back over the years seeing the growth of our days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on 3 years. i, too, hit 3 years this spring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well put Jen! A great three years it's been coming to your little bit of the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SO enjoying watching your ride. Glad I found a great blogging friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I definitely agree - there is something magical about how life looks through the lens! I'm really loving photography the more I get into it. Love this shot! And congrats on all the years blogging; that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete