Sunday, July 21, 2013

A quick adventure

We threw on our flip flops, grabbed some sunscreen, a good book and drove to the coast for an afternoon of relaxation.
It was nice to spend some downtime with Monkey and a friend and the weather there is so much cooler than at home.  I adore the smell of salt in the air, it's good for my soul.
We ate fish n chips, looked for heart shaped rocks and explored the area looking for lost treasures.
We built rock statues and finished our visit by stopping into the local DQ for a blizzard, yum!

It was a great and much needed visit. I love the ocean.  The magic and power of Mother Nature soothes me.  Yep, life is SO very good!

How was your weekend?

4 comments:

  1. How fun! Rock searching is always so much fun anywhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree that there is something naturally soothing about moving water! Your photos really portray the relaxation from being at the beach. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love finding a heart shaped rock.

    ReplyDelete