Thursday, March 8, 2012

oh boy, we have another...

introduction that is. Our family is growing so fast and i feels so right. We're just living dream over here, literally and i am feeling so blessed.

At our barn where Chance is there is a little Mustang girl who is so sweet and the owner is looking to feed lease her. A feed lease is where you help pay for feed and take care of the day to day chores. Monkey rode her for her lesson and well...

yee haw

Meet Brandy girl, Monkey's little Miss for a few months anyways. She is so sweet and incredible smart. Monkey will be able to hone in her riding skills with Brandy much easier than with our big boy.

shelby brandy 007
Isn't she cute

I have been spending my lunch breaks during the week training and riding Chance. Today while out on trail, at the end of our ride he spooked at something and bucked me off. I know not the best for someone who's already broken their back. It wasn't anything crazy, he didn't mean to hurt me, he just freaked out on a noise in the brush for whatever reason. Fact is, is when you ride there is always a chance something can happen and you can get hurt. I am bruised, sore but okay, thankfully. Heat packs alternating with ice and i hope to be back in the saddle soon.

We have a very busy weekend full of fun stuff. We'll be celebrating my mom and the bugs birthday as well as watching the music man and his band perform at a large venue. I'll be back Monday with some pics to share.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it's only bruises,,,,fun times going on over there that's for sure.
    happy birthdays all around - soon you'll see me at your door:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good that you weren't badly hurt. Have a great weekend with the family! Happy Birthday Mom and Bug! :)

    ReplyDelete