Thursday, November 20, 2014

Ranching Is Hard Work... Duh

I'm exhausted, my back is screaming at me but I'm determined, my heart is full of Joy and the music man amazes me... I know he is sore too but is working double time around me. I'm so grateful for his knowledge and dedication. After weeks of working hard with little more to see than dirt we are now actually seeing our hard work and man it sure
feels good!

Both horse turn outs are done and are beautiful. I am really happy with the fencing we chose and the animals have plenty of room to kick up their heels if they want to.

Both storage sheds are done and I have begun to decorate my tack room. In addition to painting I've learned how to roof and run hot wire.

Duke and Daisy are chasing coyotes daily and are learning the boundaries of the property. They have become best buddies and not only love each other but their high energy level keeps them playing all day. The picture above is just after Duke got busted for running off property and not listening as I called him off. He does have a cute oops I'm sorry look doesn't he?
My Tack shed is coming along.
The sunrise and sunsets are spectacular here and I'm looking forward to capturing them with my "real" camera soon.  I love this photo of the girls enjoying their sunset snack with Daisy Mae watching over them.  As you can see we have the round pen up as well. Ohh sweet sweet progress I tell ya.
It's getting down right cold at night so this week I have begun blanketing. Check out our princess Punkin Pie sporting her brand new pink coat. What a cutie!
I've noticed over the last few days that Chancie has started dropping weight even though I am feeding heavy... I think he is burning extra calories to keep warm so I hope blanketing at night will help stop that. He and Luna Tuna are due for their teeth floating as well and have am appointment with the dentist this morning. Hoping blanket and a happy mouth will help keep weight on him over the winter.
Check out our sweet Samson and our fencing, isn't is awesome! I'm pretty sure donkeys are angels that God sends to us for some extra love...
We have a chance of a thunder storm tomorrow night. Though camp is not quiet set up for rain yet we could sure use it. The dirt here is like cake flour and poofs up everywhere especially as the music man tractors around. It would be nice if mother nature could help us compact it down a bit. Yeah a little less dirt flying would be nice.

Hoping all is well is your hood. I've just figured out how to tether my phone to the lap top and am pretty proud of my technical achievement....  Now to catch up with everyone in decent size print, yes!   As the days go by I swear the print on my phone gets smaller and smaller...

Have a great weekend!
Jen


10 comments:

  1. so glad things are coming along! sounds like the animals are well set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all you two have accomplished so far! Such hard workers you are. So exciting what you are doing. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is so much satisfaction in seeing all your hard work paying off. Just love the pic of Daisy Mae with the chooks. Pink is certainly Punkin Pies colour, so cute. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you are coming along. You are going to be an awesome rancher. All you animals looks adorable. I do hope Chancie is OK. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures as always. So glad that the hard work is paying off! I hope you have a beautiful Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi
    Jen ~ looking good !
    Had to come find you as you werent showing up in my feed for some reason .
    Hadn't seen ya in ages but here you are busy as a bee ! love the photos .
    Things are shaping up fast ~ congrats my friend .
    Enjoy you Thanksgiving .
    Hugs,
    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  7. it all looks good....love the photos and watching the progress....so great to see this next chapter unfolding

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, you're living the good life! Dog-tired and sore means good things are happening :-) It all looks GREAT! Enjoy the holidays, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that first shot.

    ReplyDelete