Sunday, November 18, 2012

Hair cut day!

Yesterday Chancie got his winter hair cut. I'm guessing this is the first time he has every had anything like this done. He did wonderfully well too. The idea of shaving off his furry winter coat is to help him dry faster and keep clean while the days are cooler and shorter. He has a roof over him and nice warm blanket to snuggle in and stay warm at night.
Ready. Set. Go... This is Michelle and she's just got started, first pass with the clipper. Chancie is doing so good thanks to Sue for giving him a little Ace to take the edge off.
Look at all that hair! He is still standing very well, i think he likes the clippers sort of like a message. At one point he was so relaxed that his halter was holding his head up.
I super love this little heart on his butt. Isn't is awesome! So cute! A horse tattoo except made with hair instead of ink.
Cute
Cuteness
Cutie Patootie
Cuteoliscious (perhaps a new word?)
Okay i know, I'll move on.
All done. Rinsed, drying and getting some more love from the music man while waiting for me to get his blanket on.
What a couple of handsome guys!
 
Today we are off to spend the afternoon at my parents to celebrate Thanksgiving and enjoy our meal with family.  This year, we get to enjoy two Turkey days. We have so much to be thankful for. Today with family and for us, later this week we'll be heading out with the trailer to the beach. The plan is to smoke a turkey, eat lot of lasagna, then work some of it off by paddle boarding and bike riding so we can make room for more of course. There will be lots of time to relax and walk around with my camera too.  
 
I've gotta get going but before i do, i wanted to wish you a happy thanksgiving and thank you for visiting my space,  i really do love that you swing by.
 
hugs,
Jen
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen....Loved reading your post. I am glad that Chance did so well with his haircut. I think his heart hair tattoo is soooo cute!!!!

    Wishing you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!! We would love to see you all sometime...I sure miss our family gatherings. Sending love, hugs and kisses to you all!!!

    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!
    I wish I would have thought to do that with my horses growing up!

    ReplyDelete