Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Out on my walk today

When you have worn out your shoes, the strength of the shoe leather has passed into the fiber of your body. I measure your health by the number of shoes and hats and clothes you have worn out. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Out on my walk today

I love where we live and have settled into country living. I LOVE it! The dirt, gardening, all the animals, incredible star filled nights and the quiet at the end of a day, are awesome.

If i had one complaint and it would really only be one, i would say that it can be a bit isolating. Everyone here has long drive ways and gates, not like the city where you would see people by simply walking out front to grab the mail or pull a weed. Although I've met the animals in my neighborhood, being a social person and someone who works from home as well i have been longing to meet some people too. Well today i met these girls who seem to be around Monkey's age and their sweet horses while out on my walk with the brown dog and it was great. Although i haven't met many people around here the one's i have, have been very nice.

Second week of the new year and i am still busting out a three mile a day walk on a regular basis. Here's to good health and keeping this pace up, fingers crossed.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I am a bit of an odd duck...but I like the isolation.
    I love not seeing people or even other houses from my windows.
    Congrats on the walking!
    I have recently taken up running (on a treadmill, weather too nasty to run outside)
    I hope I can keep it up, because I am seeing some awesome results!
    Heres to 2012 being a healthy year for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have walking as well and threw in a couple of light jogs just for fun! lol I have to say I do enjoy the quiet isolation of our farm. Never thought I would say that, but I don't think I could go back to living in a neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete