Friday, March 15, 2013

Birthdays

What a busy week for birthday's this was. My Mama, Bug and Chancie all turned another year older.
This Bug of ours is now 23. My first born and the first true gift I ever received. One of unconditional love, patience and incredible Joy.  He was such an easy baby too, ate and slept great right off the get go. Even entertained himself easily.  Today he is much of the same. He is easy to be around and everyone loves his company. Super smart, funny  and adventurous.  He's fascinated with science stuff and I love our time together. I'm hoping now at 23 maybe he wont be such a dare devil, we shall see. He is studying Physics and works part time so he's also really busy.

We are celebrating with everyone tonight and I am really looking forward to seeing them.

We found one last candy cane that was hidden. What perfect timing for a birthday treat...
and a video taken by Monkey of how much he loves them.

Since I started this post a friend of ours read here that we were out of candy canes and brought us some so Chancie still has a peppermint stash. Thanks K!

Happy weekending friends!
Jen





16 comments:

  1. refilled the peppermint stash! yay!

    sweet young man you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sure is and I sure love him! He was being very "mouthy" here no doubt as I waved peppermint around. Thankfully he is a sweetie pie and not biter :).

      Happy Friday Tex

      Delete
    2. Thanks, I am very proud of my Bug!

      Delete
  2. He has a sweet tooth for my favorite candy!!!
    have a great weekend - wonderful picture of Son & Mama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks buddy, did you get my message yesterday?

      Delete
  3. That is a great picture of you two! Can really see the family resemblance :) See you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leslie,
      Thank you I love this photos of us and have it framed already :)

      Delete
  4. Awww, what a cute photo! Good looks run in the family :)

    So funny with the candy cane! I love how he uses his lips to try to get a hold of it :) Too funny. Hope you have a great weekend! So excited it's Friday, woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tammy,
      The photo is one of my faves of us. Chance is hilarious, I love those crazy lips haha. Hope you are having a great weekend.

      Delete
  5. What a handsome fellow. Wishing him a very happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle, i think so too :) Hope you are having a great weekend!

      Delete
  6. MY SON TURNED 23 VALENTINES DAY .. WISH HIM A HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM THE RUSTY PEARL . I LOVE THIS PIC.. THIS PICTURE IS A DEFINATE FRAMER .. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry
      It is a framed photo of us already :) I thought so and super love it. 23 is so good....

      Delete
  7. Great pic! Our oldest is 23 too - such bright futures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated Happy B-day to your Bug! What a great picture! I'll agree w/ whoever said good looks run in your family - tis true :) Loved the candy cane video too ;) -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jen, he is an amazing gift, I love your smiles and your adventures lately have been breathtaking!!

    Your friend Tracie

    ReplyDelete