Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A sign or two

Every summer for the last several years i find myself day dreaming about a bicycle.  Not just any bike, but a cute little bike with a basket. Black, maybe  pink, white... Oh man that would be SO sweet.  A bike where i could put my camera in the little basket that hangs off the handle bars and hit the boardwalk, yeah that kind of bike. I hadn't bought one because i didn't want to splurge and this type of purchase would definitely be in the want not need column of life, not to mention it would completely fly in face of the mission I've been on this year to simplify things, be thankful for all we have and in hopes of achieving bigger "things" later.  I just couldn't justify it, shoot i haven't even bought any yarn to speak of either.

Monkey and I blew out our once a month visit to the BIG grocery warehouse store a couple weeks ago and i noticed that the bicycle i had been eye balling this summer were all but sold out. The only one left was the display and I seriously thought about buying it.  I mean it was super duper cute everything i had been dreaming my new bike would be except it wasn't black or pink but definitely cute and they only had one left, sigh... I talked to the sales staff and they said i could take the display, so i took it as a sign and got it down, checked it out and whoa, wait a second... The back fender was all jacked up.

I took the fender as a sign too and decided it was not meant to be so we left the store with only our groceries.

On the way home I stopped to grab the mail and in the stack of stuff there was a letter from my best est buddy.  She wrote to me stating she had come across a note about a forgotten debt she owed me and included a check.  "Mad Money" she called it and with her sweet note i knew instantly this was also a sign and exactly what i was going to do with my new found fortune.

Meet Lulu
Isn't she super cool, black, pink and white with a basket and bell! The music man also got a new shiny bike because who wants to ride alone if you can ride with those you love. We hit the boardwalk last weekend with friends and plan on going back out this weekend for another hot lap where the weather is cooler. 

Kyle i couldn't agree more with you that we needed to name our rides, thanks for the idea xox

Timing, fate or a sign... God is SO good!

5 comments:

  1. Lulu is one cute chick! Have fun with her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle, super excited to spend time rolling around with her haha

      Delete
  2. Oh, she is darling! I love your story how you were able to get her. May you two have many adventures together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. last night we took in Main St. with dave, cheryl, jeff & felicia....all are there this weekend..

    I think all the wheels should return this weekend for more fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Staci! @Kyle we cant make it D has a show both fri and sat night but we will be spinning our wheels sunday, closer to home though cant pull of a two hour drive this time, have fun!

    ReplyDelete