Wednesday, August 31, 2011

summer time and the livings busy...

We have enjoyed beautiful warm but not hot days this season until this last weekend when temps were hovering at 108 degrees. My air conditioner is getting a work out and i am thankful for the cool air it gives us. Of course i am already thinking of Falls cooler days and planting seeds while soaking in the last of this season.

I didn't plan on being away from this space as long as i have and miss catching up with everyone but with the busyness of our life these days i chose to spend my free time working on my summer list and am happily making good progress.
summer read
I read a book and started this one ~ check
Reservations made for camping at the beach ~ check
I have been walking and did make some jam ~ check
Well not to much on the sewing front but i did mange to knit something (ill be back soon to share pics)
Continue to make time every day to give thanks for my many blessing ~ check
These days our meals are enjoyed more outside than in ~ check

Thankfully there's a couple more weeks in the season and i am hoping to check off finishing the quilt top but if not there's always a fall list :).

How is your summer coming along and are you thinking about Fall too?



2 comments:

  1. Summer is good at Lap Dog's digs.
    My list - I should have written it down...
    I haven't a clue what was on it...
    I've spent too much time in the sun..
    I've joined a new photo group....
    I've eaten good food all summer long....

    I'd call it a success!
    Fall???? Today I bought a glass jar with three fireflies blinking inside to add to my patio table for the evenings - I think that's a sign I'm ready for cooler nights and shorter days..

    Take care my buddy!! I still carry the fabric bags everywhere and always think of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to make a list like this. I often think of doing these things, but a list would be better...more organized!

    ReplyDelete