Wednesday, April 21, 2010

LOOK

happiness is...

what arrived at my door yesterday! I am so excited to cast on for my next projects with these yummy yarns. If you are not familiar with Knit Picks you might want to check them out. They have beautiful yarns at a great price. I like to knit with cotton for my spring and summer projects because I can't imagine wool on my lap when it's 90 degree's outside, Eew.

I am going to use the red bulky for a soon to be Shalom cardigan but am going to alter a little and add long sleeves. I think it will be perfect for summer. I will be using the grey worsted weight yarn well, what can I say... It will be used to make the musical handy man another Peter Easy sweater vest, since I accidentally felted his last one...Oops, sorry about that. Some how it snuck into the laundry? Thankfully this is a quick knit and using cotton this time I wont have to worry about that happening again. Okay off to roll some yarn.
I would love to hear what knitting project you are working on or have planned for this summer?

Have a great day

2 comments:

  1. great colors, looking forward to seeing the end results. I've got that "easy peasy" for women on my "to do list". I will check out this web site, I'm making four blankets for my home: 1 wool, 1 alpaca, 1 cotton, 1 mohair.

    Two of the four are completed, soon to be posted on my blog...I'll be back checking in on you, any recipes you'd care to share? That pasta with sausages looked awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SSSSQQUEALLLLL!!!!!
    I LOVE getting yarn in the mail!!!
    And I LOVE Knit Picks!
    I am currently not having much time on my hands to knit(busy time for farming:),but I have to finish an adorable pair of baby booties out of cashmere yarn for my friend who is having a baby in June.

    ReplyDelete