Monday, April 11, 2011

Do you Flickr?

I am in several groups over at Flickr, one of which is called Project 365. The goal of this project is to take a picture everyday for 365 days and capture just a piece of your every day. I am in the process of making a coffee table book from my 2010 pictures and enjoyed it so much that when it ended December 31st I decided to keep it going and am on my 100Th day into year two.

Yesterday I spent the day with 14 girls for a flickr meet up, new friends that live within an hour or so of me (except for one). I feel so blessed to know these generous, talented, creative, strong and kind women. We spent the day on a photo walk cruising around Pasadena's Rose Bowl. The city has a huge Flea Market once a month. Here are a few pics from our walk.

guitar man
I noticed walking around the market there were several booths that were selling once loved musical instruments. Seeing these guitars hanging up i thought of the music man and how music fills our home. I wonder where these have been, what music was played and where they will spend time next.
IMG_9370
I love the sign oldies but goodies it looks like it been around for a while too
parasol girl
And the people, the people were fantastic. So many different styles and attitudes.
IMG_9390
I remember having a pair of these when I was small but they were plastic not metal, these are definitely old school.
sooc
There are groups for everyday of the week if you wanted. Bench Monday, Tipsy Tuesday, Hand knits Wednesday, dogs, fence Friday, worms eye Sunday and gazillions more. If you are not familiar with Flickr I hope you check it out, it's so fun. The inspiration and talent there is amazing, endless and the friendships are such a gift.

6 comments:

  1. Great pictures Jen. Sounds like a perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Your photos are always wonderful to see - I do still post on Flickr but time (lack of)is always an issue.
    I hope to change that in the very near future.
    Have a "fun flickr" kinda day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not on Flickr. I always feel like it's one more thing to take more time away from my day. And I don't need that to happen. :)

    Flea Markets are the best. Even if you don't buy anything, it's great just looking at everything because something is always bound to stir up memories from our earlier days. And that is awesome!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pics,they are just lovely!
    I dont do Flickr.
    Just wanted to let you know you won the giveaway on my blog!
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks and sounds like a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's meet tomorrow at the Market....call me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great captures. I do use Flickr, but haven't updated for a little bit. Time...it is always the problem!

    ReplyDelete