Friday, February 4, 2011

Hearts and string

I love LOVE love the kindness and BIG love that this month of February brings out. Did I mention I love this...haha. Here is my take on hearts and string inspired by this and hill road both are really creative and inspiring sites and worth a visit if you aren't familiar with them already.
Love
This is a super easy and instant gratification kind of project. Perfect to do with kids or just because...

Supplies needed:
card stock
scissors
glue
thread
sewing machine

First glue two pieces of card stock wrong sides together. I did this to create a two sided heart.
Then I cut out the hearts. I used three different sizes and cut one of each size as a guide. Free hand works perfectly too.
crafting hearts
I used white thread but you could use any fun color you wanted.
Sew hearts together be sure to start with a bit of thread at the top for hanging. I used scotch tape to hang them when done.
IMG_8192
Voila, done perfect little Valentine project.

Have fun! I would love to see your pic if you do some.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice and my daughter would love to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are just darling, Jen!
    So sweet and simple!
    Hopefully I will have time to try this before V-Day.
    Have A Great Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute! such a satisfying project, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those! You're so creative! Hearts rule in more ways than one. ;)

    ReplyDelete