Tuesday, June 15, 2010

a game nerds gift

My sons girlfriend is graduating high school Thursday. She's a "total game nerd" as my son calls her affectionately. She has already been accepted to a nearby university where she will be studying graphic design. I wanted to make something special that she could use on her new journey. At the same time something that I thought represented her in the way we have come to know her over the last several months.
special gift

a special gift
The game nerd is really good at video games and rivals the boys without much effort. She is also a girly girl, who's giving, kind and a very talented artist. I wanted to sew her a paint brush holder that she could throw in her bag for school. I used some fun fabric that I already had on hand and a cotton kitchen towel for the inside lining. I am really thrilled with how it turned out and made a matching moleskin covered journal to accompany it. This was really fun to make.

Congrats to the game nerd and best wishes for a bright and beautiful future!
xo Jen

2 comments:

  1. SO cute!!
    I love cupcake stuff.
    What a thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a great gift, very special. She's a lucky girl to be part of the "Brown Dog - Pasta Sunday's - River - Music" family. I'll bet she'll get all kinds of comments when she's using it in her classes.

    ReplyDelete