Tuesday, May 29, 2012

What a weekend and wow is my belly full!

Our weekend was super productive, full of good food, good company and lots of time outside. Truth be told I'm a bit tired but loved every minute of it and feel like we accomplished so much.


This weekend I...
watched the music man and his band perform at a charity event  to help a wounded veteran get a home
spent time weeding the garden
harvested onion, 21 of them
braced my tomato plants
rode Chance
bathed Chance
helped the music man extend the coop
cleaned the house
made a batch of strawberry jam
enjoyed an evening with my sister and her hubby at local winery sipping red wine and 
listening to some really good blues and R&B music all while shaking our booties
flipped pizza's for pasta Sunday while visiting with friends



Our breakfast Sunday was really exciting and delicious! It included eggs from our girls, chard, onion, red potatoes and garlic from the garden. Honey from the bee keeper down the street and blueberries we picked ourselves from the patch earlier that morning. Super cool right!
as you can see this weekend we ate, ate and ate some more... i need a walk badly. I didn't want to overload you with pictures so I'll share pictures of the jam and the new and improved chicken coop later, its so nice!  hope you had a nice long holiday weekend too.

7 comments:

  1. That looks delicious, and it's even better since most of it came from your yard. With all of the stuff we had happening at the time, I missed the window for planting potatoes this year and I'm really regretting it. I'll just moon over yours. I love your egg colors too. We have one chicken that lays green eggs, and the rest are various shades of brown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have blueberries! Mine are on the way to ripe. Sounds like a fantastic weekend and the meal looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen....I stopped by to see what you have been up to. I love your egg colors. Looks like you dyed them for Easter. I am glad to see you are doing well and enjoying life. We have been pretty busy lately doing wedding stuff. Amanda's wedding was beautiful and I can't wait for John Michael's wedding. I hope to see you there!!!! <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. @weekender
    This is the first year i planted potatoes and loved it! I will double the amount for next year and more when we get a root cellar. Three of my girls are laying now and are all brown shelled with the exception Dixie our americana.

    @Leigh
    thanks for visiting, we are lucky as we have a blueberry farm a ocuple miles away that we can enjoy while ours grow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. all great photos...
    a great weekend for sure!!
    I've never planted potatoes...I've got a hit with lettuce - maybe in a former life I was a lettuce farmer...I seem to have a bit of luck with this produce.

    ReplyDelete
  6. um jen, can we come live with you?? :)

    ReplyDelete