Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Let go my egg o

Today started off like any other day, sun up, coffee brewing while I was outside feeding and making poop patrol rounds.  When I went inside the chicken coop to visit and take care of the girls there it was... Our first egg! Holy Macaroni this was incredibly exciting, between doing a chicken dance and a few woot woot's  i yelled for the music man to come over and check it out with me.  We both stood there in awe admiring it, when i picked it up it was still warm. All the girls had it surrounded and were trying to figure it out when i walked in.

I wasn't sure which one of our little misses laid it but after i removed the egg from the coop Betty started making all sorts of fuss and running around or awhile.  She is the oldest by a week or so and i think it was her. Check out this little egg isn't is b e a u t i f u l !

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! I think this makes it official....you tend chickens.

    so who gets the egg?

    nice color, I forgot, what kind of chicken is Betty?

    it's a sweet thing when a chicken laying an egg brings such happiness - I'm still waiting on the next additional to the barn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I remember our first egg vividly.

    ReplyDelete