Monday, May 21, 2012

how bout them cowgirls

How 'bout them cowgirls
Boys ain't they somthin'
Sure are some proud girls
And you can't tell 'em nothin'
And I tell you right now girls
May just be seven wonders of this big, old round world
But how 'bout them cowgirls

I am a ginormous fan of George Strait and have loved his music since Unwound, his first album. Saturday i went with a buddy of mine to see her friend compete in a penning event and when we arrived instantly the above lyrics hit my brain.
I met some incredible, kind and strong women there. The cowgirl in the pink t shirt is my buddies friend and boy can she ride, holy cow.  Monkey may be taking a couple lessons from her and possibly leasing one of her horses, how cool is that.

I had a blast and my camera and i will be going to a sorting event soon to document the day. I am looking forward to hanging out with these women, hearing there stories.and grabbing some more pics of them strutting their stuff.... How bout them cowgirls.

5 comments:

  1. This is so cool and I am so envious!! I want to ride horses and be a cowgirl....

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I took riding lessons when I was little but nothing like this. Amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. this makes me think how things have come full circle for you...

    giddy up you cowgirl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone, it was such a blast and these women are incredible.
    Kyle, can you believe all this... Full circle indeed!

    ReplyDelete