Thursday, December 27, 2012

Road Trippin Day One

Our Christmas celebration was wonderful. We enjoyed time with family, stuffed our bellies with delicious food, open gifts and got home super late Christmas eve. In the morning we enjoyed relaxing in our comfies, our gift exchange and had a surprise visit from our Bug.

I am so thankful for my life and those who share it with me. Family and friends. Everyday is such a gift. My sweet helpful husband who busted out several moves getting our camper winterized and packed up for our trip. A Bug who knows how to make his mama smile and Monkey who is such an incredible human being. I am truly blessed to have them all in my life.
As planned we hit the road on the first leg of our trip. I didn't realize the day after Christmas was such a huge travel day and it was instantly apparent we weren't the only ones on vacation! A drive that normally would take maybe 5 hours took over 7 1/2 hours. We laughed half way in as we both though of the movie Swingers when they drove. With a couple quick stops to stretch out and move our bodies it was a loooong drive but we finally made it to Vegas baby! Woot Woot.
We set up the trailer, grabbed my camera to swap lenses and noticed i forgot my transfer cord, oops.  At least i have everything else. The above pics are from my iphone.  I hope i can pick up a cord if not I'll grab another memory card just in case.

First thing i wanted to do here is Vegas was to visit Peter Lik Gallery at the Venetian.  I am a huge fan and watched his show. I am always blown away by his work and to the extremes he goes to get 'his' shots. OMGosh i knew it wouldn't disappoint. His photos are amazing and both the music man and i are excited to get to slot canyons. If you enjoy landscape photos check him out you wont be disappointed either. 

After the gallery we drove downtown to the Freemont district where i took a couple photos of the lights before hitting a black jack table. Nope we didn't win but thats okay we didnt take much and had fun anyway's and after a long day we came back and crashed.

Today we're off to find a camera cord and heading out to the Utah Arizona border.

Life is SO good!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great trip so far! How wonderful to have seen Peter Lik's work. So awesome! Drive safe and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like my kind of trip!!!!! Looking forward to some great shots!

    ReplyDelete