Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Map, highlighter and me

A few months ago we found out that the music man and his band will be playing in Phoenix AZ for New Years. It didn't take me long to spin this gig of his into a photo op adventure for he and I and began planning our trip. With days to explore the slot canyons of Page,  a winters view of the Grand Canyon and the warm weather and red rocks of  Sedona.  I haven't been to any of these places but the photos I've seen online are amazing and I am so excited!
So I've spent some time with my highlighter pen and a map. I've mapped it several times over and included a different route in case of storms so we have a good plan B if needed. A few reservations have been made the rest,  we decided to wing. The trailer is winterized in case we hit snow and/or freezing temps that we expect to.

Of course these areas require certain lenses to capture them.  The slot canyons are very narrow and we have to hike into them. Due the small spaces I'll be using my awesome wide angle 10 -24 that i picked up last summer and hopefully a brand new lens. I have been saving FOREVER well not really but it feels like... for a 24 70 mm so i can hone in on details and swap in and out with my wide angle. I'm planning on using both lenses at horseshoe bend and the grand canyon as well and am now super close to being able to pick it up.

Since the music man always drives I'll a have tons of knitting time too. Right now I'm working on Christmas gifts but plan to make significant progress on my winters blanket as well. So with just a few weeks left before we head out i am so excited!

This weekend i stepped away from the map and shot an original artist showcase and band photos for the music man. I hope to have post production done on both of these this week and will share some once done.

How is your Christmas shopping coming along, are you ready? I'm not even close but have big plans of making progress on it this week, fingers crossed...

5 comments:

  1. Love it! What a good time you guys are gonna have!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like my kind of adventure! We had fun in Arizona this past June! I hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Michelle i am counting the days, super excited! Did you go to slot or horseshoe or were you further south?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! Can't wait to see your pix! And your lenses sound pretty awesome. I'm so not ready, never really am but somehow it all comes together in the end. Safe travels. Your friend Tracie.

    ReplyDelete