Tuesday, June 1, 2010

finished

finished
I made this vest for the musical handyman last winter using wool yarn and he liked it. Well... long story short it ended up in my laundry and yep, felted. I wanted to make him another one using cotton thinking it would be great for summer evenings in So Cal and of course alleviating any more felting accidents. Even though it took me a while to finish, it really is a quick and easy knit. I have to say I am a bit disappointed though. This yarn was really soft and a dream to work with, but oh my gosh is it super droopy and stretches like crazy. Have you ever knit something up and found the yarn is totally wrong for the project? Well I am not sure but maybe once washed a few times it will grow on him?
a new project
On another note I got started my summer quilt today and am really loving the colors. The top is coming together quickly and I cant wait to see it completed.

Happy Tuesday I hope you have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. The sweater is gorgous!
    So sorry about the yarn,yes,I have made a project and only then discovered that my love for the color or texture blocked my view of the finished project(thats when I call that item "The pratice one" now I can make the real thing;)
    What a fun quilt it will be!! Love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good to me. I have heard cotton can be difficult but other than small baby items I don't have much experience with the fiber.will we see a picture of m.m. wearing it soon??? All that hard work. Love the quilt colors.....how many have you made now? Seems like a nice collection is in the works...

    ReplyDelete