Saturday, December 11, 2010

making progress, doing what I can and I am okay with that

So the challenge this year for me is to make as many gifts as I can while working full time (and then some) and not stress out and forget the reason for this wonderful season. Normaly my house is decked out, I am hosting parties, crafting and baking like a maniac, often to the point where I am totally freaked out trying to get everything done. Running around to make everyone happy by cramming in too much stuff. I know some of you guys know what I'm talking about.

Well, this year my job has become a time vampire since summer and has not let up. My days are long and have cut into my free time for crafting, exercise, blogging and life in general. I've had no choice but to step back on my holiday busyness this year and am surprised that I actually am enjoying the slower pace, shocking for those who know me but true. In only having baked a little and have only my tree up (versus 100 santas all over, yes I love Santa) I have chosen to spend every minute I can crafting my gifts and spending time with my family. Life is so good and I am feeling very blessed and thankful.
I am happy with the progess I have made thus far and am making a definite dent in my "to do" list. I hope to be able to get everything done but now know the world wont end if I don't and I am okay with that, sigh.
busy busy busy bee
Here are a few things from my list

::Comfy pants for monkey and my neice~check
::blankets for my niece and nephew~check
::fabric washed, coordinated and ready to be completed into
something special for my mom and sister~check
::Hybrid mittens for my FIL~on the needles
::Thorpe for monkey's BF~soon to be on the needles
::Enjoying these moments, this season and taking my time and putting
love and warm thoughts into each stitch~check
::making progress, doing what I can~check
::smiling a lot~check


What are some of the things you are working on these days?

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Jen!
    So glad to hear that you are trying to slow down and maybe enjoy this holiday season.
    We all need to remember what the season is really about and it aint about expensive gifts or slamming out christmas cookies at 2 am.
    I currently have an adorable little baby winter bonnet on my needles.
    And that there should finish up the last of my homemade gifts....then finally something for myself???
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky ones will be receiving special gifts under their trees this year!! Love all the different fabrics you've selected, how do you get 30 hours out of a 24 hour day???
    Roll on girlfriend!!!

    ReplyDelete