Monday, March 8, 2010

Our Garden Tale Part 1

This years garden is a new beginning and a new challenge for us. Our new outdoor space is limited and I have a lot less room then I have had in past years. I read this book "Fresh Food From Small Spaces", and it is chalked full of really good information.



We set up several of these containers from items we already had::storage containers from when we moved::old yogurt, butter and cheese containers::we even had a pipe laying around. It felt really great to be able to recycle and re-purpose everything from around our home.

So with the containers ready to go so were we...

This last weekend in between the rain we got busy. Thanks to a local garden center for a couple bucks we were able to get clean top soil to mix with some sand and our compost to (crossing my fingers) create a good base for our veggie transplants and seeds.





I know... who puts dirt inside their car? well, we do and it worked out great!

The containers are now planted, watered and full of hope for a bountiful harvest. We have a major rabbit problem so I am hoping the organic garlic oil blend I am making will keep them away. If you have any suggestions for me I would love to hear them. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment